Scholars in the 7th Grade visited NASA Space Center in October. Riding the NASA shuttle, they spoke with an astronaut and experienced a perfect blend of science, technology, math and even history.
Students were able to
- hear stories of past travels to space from a real astronaut
- climb aboard a space shuttle
- see 3-D images of the moon and touch a moon rock
- visualize the effect of radiation on different elements of the earth and space
- experiment with gravitational pull and force
- and much more